Youth Mobility Scheme
We welcome Au Pairs from Australia, Canada and New Zealand who wish to work in the UK.
Au Pairs with a good command of English are in high demand and we are certain to be able to find you a placement with a good family across the UK. Once you have registered with us we will match you with our many families, arrange the interviews and confirm your placement with a contract.
As part of our service :
- An experienced consultant who will guide you through the process
- A confirmed Au Pair placement
- Your own room and usually your own bathroom
- Pocket Money of at least £100 per week plus 4 weeks paid holidays per calendar year
- Airport pickup (by the host family)
- 24 hour emergency contact hotline
Am I eligible to work in the UK?
If you are a NZ or Australia passport holder then you will be able to obtain the Tier 5 Youth Mobility Visa. In order to apply for the visa:
• You must be aged 18- 30 years of age
• You must not have held a Tier 5 Visa before
• You must be happy to pay the Visa application fee- currently £194
• You are required hold a current first aid certificate and police check which must be obtained at your own cost
You must also have £1800 of available funds (or the equivalent in AUD/ NZD) in your bank account at the time of your application. This is to prove that you can support yourself and won’t need to access public funds. Not all au pairs have these funds available but you can borrow funds from family for your application.
Once your match is confirmed it can take between 10 days and 4 weeks for your visa application to process. We recommend you expect the full process to take between 4-8 weeks- although it can and often does happen faster.
What happens once I’ve signed up?
You will be contacted within two working days by your consultant, who will:
• arrange a skype time to meet and review your application and answer any questions
• help you organise the documentation you need
• send you regular job opportunities to consider & arrange interviews with suitable families
And once a suitable match has been made:
• organise your contract
• arrange the family to collect you from the airport
• meet with you at our London office after your arrival
• support you throughout your placement